WGBH/WGBX/ RF ch 5 is much better

George Allen geo.allen@comcast.net
Thu May 28 17:16:04 EDT 2020

Below from WGBH via email today.  This is actually good news for me,
since altho it seemed to get somewhat better last Feb. as noted
below, there's more to come.

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 11:25 AM, George Allen<geo.allen@comcast.net> wrote:
About a week ago I noticed that WGBH's RF5 HD signal was much
improved.  Last we heard, they had delayed the power increase to
mid-March [their outreach email], but maybe things went much fast
than expected.  The signal here in Swampscott [line of site to the
towers] is not
great  -- "33%" signal strength on my TV, whatever that means; most
Boston [Needham/Newton farm] UHF stations come in at around 80%
here.  The RF-5 picture
is watchable, even without extending the indoor Terk rabbit
ears [all the way].  That's a huge difference from a month or 2 ago
where maybe I
could kinda sorta maybe get a picture with the rabbit ears fully
extended, positioned just right, etc etc.
Anyone have info if they have indeed made the change to 34kW?

On 4/28 I wrote:
Re: Channels 2-1 and 44-1 gone again in my part of Brooklne
RF-5 is watchable in Swampscott.  65% strength with indoor rabbit
ears fully extended.  It's been this way for a month or 2, compared
to early this year when it was just barely there and not really
watchable.  I can see the towers from here tho.
    George