Corona + Radio changes....

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri May 15 11:09:35 EDT 2020

On 5/15/2020 12:22 AM, Ron wrote:
> Seems like Boston radio and elsewhere are going through some major changes dealing with the virus, social distancing, working from home, and the collapse of advertising.  The little bit of ratings I saw published freely, shows that listening is all over the place.

And companies like iHeart that were in debt before, are now using the
pandemic as a good excuse to cut back on staff. I've seen various
reports of announcers laid off at iHeart stations across the US; and
even here in Boston, popular WBZ late-night host Morgan White was put on
"hiatus" and not told when, or if, he'd be back on the air.

--
Donna L. Halper, PhD
Associate Professor of Communication & Media Studies