The Mount Rushmore of Boston Radio

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sat Apr 4 17:50:02 EDT 2020

Doug Drown wrote:
>Let's give this a try with Boston radio personalities.  Participants may name a nominee and a runner-up in each category.

So many greats to pick from, but here's My list:
DJ: Dale Dorman, Loren & Wally
News: Gary LaPierre
Sports: Gil Santos, Johnny Most
Weather: Don Kent, Dick Albert (did weather for some Boston area radio stations in addition to his TV work)
Talk: Jerry Williams, Gus Saunders
Utility Player: Norm Nathan, worked multiple formats during his career, from Sounds of the Night on WHDH, newscaster on WEEI in the 1970's, first morning host of WRKO's talk format in 1981, weekend music shifts on WBZ in the late 1980's, transitioning to weekend overnight talk when BZ dropped music in 1991.
Mark Watson