WBZ 1030

Dave Doherty dave@skywaves.net
Mon Mar 25 14:57:48 EDT 2019

In a union shop, the contract may well have a provision prohibiting the talent's voice being used on the air if said talent is no longer employed at the station. Early in my career, I went through a couple of fire drills replacing spots and erasing programs after somebody left the station.

-d

-----Original Message-----
From: Boston-Radio-Interest [mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@lists.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of Don
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2019 12:12 AM
To: Gary's Ice Cream <gary@garysicecream.com>; ecps92@earthlink.net; 'Bob Nelson' <raccoonradio@gmail.com>
Cc: 'Boston Radio Group' <boston-radio-interest@lists.bostonradio.org>
Subject: Re: WBZ 1030

>>> The BIG question is - do they own the rights to the shows (one of
>>> the living principals says "No!").

I would say "of course they do"!

Any work produced and aired locally by the station is obviosly there's.  Any work one of the "prinicples" did,  is owned by the station, as the principle was paid for the work.

When a station is sold, the assets include those intellectual property rights (unless otherwise spelled out.).

What would be the argument that they do not?

---