WATD(AM) now WBMS

Rob Landry 011010001@interpring.com
Tue Mar 5 11:07:54 EST 2019

WBMS 1090 ran a classical music format and was programmed by Richard L.
Kaye, according to what I was told. When it dropped the format circa 1950,
Ted Jones at WCRB saw an opportunity and hired Richard to program
classical music on 1330. The transition to the classical format took a
couple years, according to what Dave MacNeill told me. WCRB-FM 102.5
signed on in 1954, and the rest is history.

Rob