Call Letters Meaning on Wikipedia

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Fri Jun 14 19:10:09 EDT 2019

I think I remember once reading that WQXR in New York was originally an
experimental station, with the call W2XR.  The original founders played
classical music on the station and developed a following.  When they
decided to go for a commercial license, they replaced the 2 with a Q so
as to have as small a change as possible.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D. · 1340 Centre Street, Suite 103 · Newton, MA 02459-2004
617.367.0468 · Fx: 617.507.7856 · http://www.attorneyross.com