Call Letters Meaning on Wikipedia

Rob Landry 011010001@interpring.com
Wed Jun 12 09:09:46 EDT 2019

I noticed recently that WGBH's WCRB has started using "We're Classical
Radio Boston", which the old WCRB used briefely in the early '90's.

But of course the call letters originally had nothing to do with the
format, but stood for Charles River Broadcasting, which ran WCRB(AM) for
several years as a full service station in Waltham before adopting the
classical format in 1950-51.

Rob