What's happened to the "candelabra" tower?

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Mon Feb 4 09:00:46 EST 2019

<<On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 06:49:27 -0500 (EST), Rob Landry <011010001@interpring.com> said:

> I see that all three of the antennas that used to crown American Tower's
> former Stainless tower at 140 Cabot Street in Needham are gone.

> Is there anyone still using this tower?

Scott has reported on the restacking extensively in NERW.  There's now
a UHF master antenna and a VHF channel 5 antenna atop the mast for
WGBH.  The "arms" of the candelabra are no longer in use, and channel
25 (the last remaining tenant) is using Cedar St. while everyone
(except 7/56 obviously) is constructing a backup facility at Cabot.
They will all move to Cabot while the post-repack facility is
constructed as Cedar.  WGBH's post-repack main facility on channel 5
will be at Cabot; the other stations will be main at Cedar and aux at
Cabot.

-GAWollman