WATD and WMEX

Eli Polonsky elipolo881@gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 13:53:39 EST 2019

> Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 07:35:11 -0500 (EST)
> From: Rob Landry <011010001@interpring.com>
> To: A Joseph Ross <joe@attorneyross.com>
> Cc: Boston Radio <boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
> Subject: Re: WATD and WMEX
>
> Wow, so he's simulcasting? I wonder what areas the Brockton and Quincy
> signals are getting him that he couldn't cover from Marshfield.
>
> Rob

Full-time simulcasting is temporary until the completion of the new studios
for both stations, being built from scratch, within the WATD facility in
Marshfield. The target date for the new studios going on is the week
following New Years. I've seen recent pictures of them being built in
progress, they're coming along.

There will still be some simulcasting, the WATD weekday South Shore Morning
News program will be simulcast until 9 AM, with expanded news coverage into
the new signal areas. There will be live separate hosts on both WMEX and
WBMS weekdays mid-days and afternoons.

There may still be some simulcasting weekends (I'm guessing most likely the
longtime weekend oldies shows on WATD), and I haven't heard about
nighttimes. I doubt the nighttime low power AM signals will warrant much of
a regular audience for separate hosts, but there are still plans to air
local school games and community events due to the two FM translators that
will have good signals in certain south shore and metro-south communities
they will serve (as well as streaming).

EP