TV Reception once again

Larry Sochrin lsochrin@rcn.com
Sat Aug 17 16:19:23 EDT 2019

WGBH’s website says the following:

"I've rescanned but the quality isn't as good as it used to be!
As the FCC changes our channel frequencies, there may be signal strength variations. Please be assured that WGBH is working hard to improve the signal strength for WGBH and the HD signals it carries. Your email will be used to demonstrate that viewers are having difficulty receiving our signal. We will be petitioning the FCC for a "Maximization of Power" and this will help you receive our HD channels, but we need viewers like you to help in that effort.

The application process for a signal strength boost may take up to 8-10 weeks. In the meantime, if you can only view our standard definition channels (2.3 and 44.2) but not the HD channels (2.1 and 44.1), we recommend that you may want to replace your existing antenna with one that can better receive WGBH and WGBX HD signals. “You-Do-It” Electronics Center has stocked appropriate (low-band VHF) off-air antennas and is eager to assist viewers with reception issues that persist after rescanning. They are located in located in Needham, MA and you can call them at 781-449-1005. You can also get in touch with them online at their website here. They can discuss general reception issues with viewers who have rescanned their sets but still need further assistance. WGBH is working to receive permission from the FCC to increase power as soon as possible. We expect increased power will help with most reception issues.”