DX-ing Canada

M.Casey map@mapinternet.com
Wed Apr 10 14:30:51 EDT 2019

Nice List!

In Western Mass we don't get many of those, but here's a few that we do...
800 last time I checked news-talk CKLW Windsor--but not nearly as strong as
it was in the 60's & 70's
1010 CFRB mixes with WINS. WINS is usually very strong here at night,
sometimes CFRB is almost a s strong, but most nights in the background
1050 I do not hear a Canadian station. NYC is strong
1070 CBA --With WTIC 1080 not far away, I used to listen to them in the
1980's after the US narrowed the bandwidth on the AM stations. but they went
to FM a long time ago.
1550 Windsor, Ont., in French-- weak reception mixed up with others. CBE was
much stronger back in 1970's.

Mark Casey
K1MAP
Hampden, Mass

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Connelly
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 1:28 AM
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: Re: DX-ing Canada

I'm on the Cape, so a bit better situated for the Maritimes.

This is a representative list of what I get.

540 CBT NL
570 CFCB NL
590 VOCM NL (under WEZE, or dominant during WEZE outages)
600 CBNA NL
620 CKCM NL usually mix WZON ME
640 CBN NL often mixed with Cuba
650 CKGA NL
690 CKGM QC
730 CKAC QC
740 CFZM ON
740 CHCM NL
750 CBGY NL over Venezuela, WSB GA, Cuba
800 CJAD QC mix others
860 CJBC ON
900 CHML ON mix Cuba
920 CKNX ON mix WHJJ RI, WDMC FL, WURA VA
930 CFBC NB mix WPKX NH
940 CFNV QC mix WIPR PR, WINZ FL
950 CKNB NB mix WROL MA, WKDN PA, Cuba
980 CHRF QC mix WOFX NY, WCAP MA, WTEM DC, Cuba, Colombia, Brazil
990 CBY NL
1140 CBI NS
1210 VOAR NL mix WPHT PA
1260 CKHJ NB usually way over WBIX MA
1270 CJCB NS mix WTSN NH
1280 CFMB QC mix WADO NY, others
1310 CIWW ON mix WLOB ME
1350 CKAD NS
1400 CBG NL mix WCYR ME, WVAE ME, WOND NJ, lorryload of others
1410 CJWI QC
1450 CFAB NS mix WNBP MA, WPGG NJ, others
1570 CJLV QC over WUBG MA
1580 CKDO ON
1610 CHRN QC
1610 CHHA ON