GMC Mobile Studios

billohno@gmail.com billohno@gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 21:17:19 EDT 2018

The GMCs were super vehicles for that purpose. I broadcasted from both of those stations’ units (‘73 & ‘74 models). WHDH had 4 massive speakers that needed to be lifted up onto the roof. WCAP had mounted cone speakers that needed to be aimed by a long pole. While HDH had a nicer board, both had cart decks with portable cart racks and ran everything from the road. Good times.

Bill O’Neill