Beep at top of the hour on WBZ disappeared

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Sep 26 22:59:34 EDT 2018

And when I was a student out at UMass Amherst, I sometines noticed the
same tone on the hour on WTIC-TV, Channel 3.

BTW, how did it happen that channel 3 in Hartford stopped being WTIC-TV
and then later, that call ended up on a UHF channel?