NBC Boston

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Wed Sep 26 00:59:55 EDT 2018

<<On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 19:12:06 -0400, Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com> said:

> The average viewer isn't us.
> The average viewer is using a pay-TV service, be it Comcast/Xfinity,
> RCN, Verizon FiOS, Dish or Direct. That's 9 out of 10 viewers - minimum
> - in the Boston DMA.

Is that really true any more?  Anecdotally, I know a *lot* of
cord-cutters, in the city and the suburbs.  These are very likely to
be the people Nielsen is not going to measure (or even reach to
recruit for measurement).  They pretty much universally have Comcast
because they live in places where there is no competition, but they
don't subscribe to video service; everything they watch is either OTA
(very rarely) or Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime.  (Most of them probably
subscribe to all three.)  Or they're just watching people play video
games on Twitch (also Amazon).

I think at this point I know more people who listen to the radio
(pretty much exclusively public radio or sports-talk) than watch
linear TV.

-GAWollman