NBC Boston

Jim Hall aerie.ma@comcast.net
Tue Sep 25 12:42:35 EDT 2018

I wonder if the strange situation of NBC in Boston has happened anywhere
else in the country? Here we have WBTS-LD operating on Ch 46, with PSIP to
Ch 8, but sloganing as NBC10, even though a good part of the market can pick
up WJAR-TV. Backed up by WYCN-CD, originally in Nashua and technically Class
A, but now operating at full power by channel sharing with WGBX, from the
same tower as WBTS-LD. Backed up again by WNEU-DT2 in New Hampshire. Since
WBTS and WYCN are on the same tower, what's the point of having both of
them?  And why do they slogan as NBC10 with another Channel 10 forty miles
away, when they could have used 8 or 13 for their slogan and avoided
confusion?

Ditto WYDN from Worcester now channel sharing with WPXG in Concord NH and
being licensed to Lowell MA.