1540 WPTR is gone

Doug Drown ashboy1951@gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:50:13 EDT 2018

I grew up in Ashburnham, where I listened to WPTR on-and-off just about
every day from the time I was eleven until I headed off to college. A lot
of my school friends were fans, too.

I visited the newly built Albany Street studio in Colonie once when I was
about 16, and had a chance to meet Joe Motto ("Boom Boom Brannigan") ---
one of the great moments of my adolescence.

-Doig