1540 WPTR is gone

Jim Hall aerie.ma@comcast.net
Wed Oct 3 14:25:48 EDT 2018

I remember flipping between WPTR and WKBW at our summer place in New Hampshire (before WRKO went top 40 and with WMEX's poor signal). We also got CHUM or WHN, depending on which way you turned the radio.

-----Original Message-----
From: Boston-Radio-Interest <boston-radio-interest-bounces@lists.BostonRadio.org> On Behalf Of Dave Doherty
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2018 1:45 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Subject: 1540 WPTR is gone

Albany's 1540 hasn't been WPTR since 2004, but the current owner turned in the license last week.

I grew up around Albany, before FM was a thing. WTRY and WPTR were "the" stations for Top 40.

I mention this because WPTR had a blowtorch signal with a DA pointed mostly in the direction of New England back in the day, and some member of theis list might remember...

-d