Beep at top of the hour on WBZ disappeared

Rob Landry 011010001@interpring.com
Mon Oct 1 10:58:20 EDT 2018

On Thu, 27 Sep 2018, A Joseph Ross wrote:

> I didn't know what "Oranges and Lemons" is, and I wondered what sound the
> fruits might make, but I looked it up on Wikipedia and heard a recording.
> Now that I know what it is, I do remember when the BBC began using that tune
> as an interval signal.  Later, they went back to the chorus of bells that
> they had been using before.

The BBC had at least three different interval signals, one of them the
musical notes "B", "B", "C" repeated over and over. The European
non-English servicee were still using Morse "V" (for victory, presumably)
in the seventies.

Rob