For those in Boston: what antenna are you using for over the air TV?

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Tue Jul 31 10:24:11 EDT 2018

My go-to is the Terk HDTVa, which runs about $50 online. It's fairly
compact but still functional, unlike some newer models that are more
decorative than actually useful. In the South End, an indoor antenna should
have no trouble with the major signals from the tower farm, which are all
UHF and will all stay UHF in the repack.

(The exception for now is the WGBH license, which goes to VHF 5 in the
repack. But the WGBH programming will stay on UHF over the license that's
now WGBX, and that RF 5 signal is mainly going to end up being used for
ATSC 3.0 testing that won't be usable by current TVs anyway.)