WMEX lives

Eli Polonsky elipolo881@gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 12:21:36 EDT 2018

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 11:57 AM, Sean Smyth <ssmyth@alumni.psu.edu> wrote:

> As a follow-up to Eli’s message: Quincy and Brockton could both use an
> authoritative local news source. The local daily papers, like all print
> outlets, have dropped in quality in recent years. I would love to see the
> revived WMEX and 1460 (Ed — any chance you can restore the WBET calls?
> Please?) do some local sports coverage, too.

​I have seen posted by people involved that there will be local South Shore
and Metro-South sports coverage, school games, etc... on these stations as
well as local news and community events/service coverage, as Ed has always
done on WATD. The Brockton station, though currently off the air, is
licensed as WATD (AM). Don't know if Ed would want to bother spending money
on switching to "Brockton heritage" call letters. He didn't have to switch
1510's calls, it was already WMEX from the last owner.

EP