WVEI Audio

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 08:20:57 EST 2018

Speaking of the WEEI network, Red Sox, etc. I am hearing (K Vahey on
Facebook) that WVMT 620 Burlington VT may change to running WEEI sports
radio network though maybe it's only adding the Red Sox.

Currently WVMT which also has an FM translator at 96.3 to serve the
immediate Burlington area has local and regional talk shows (Howie Carr)
and the Yankees. They have been bought by Voxx which has
an LMA starting Jan 1. Voxx also owns WCPV 101.3 The Game, who runs the Red
Sox in the Champlain Valley. Kevin had said they want the Red Sox (and
maybe WEEI programming?) to reach up to
Montreal as the station's signal does reach there and they could court
English speaking listeners. Would think if the Sox go to 620/96.3, WCPV
101.3 would take the Yankees. Supposedly WVMT does
want a local morning show, though.

For listeners in the Champlain Valley they used to be able to hear the Sox
on 1420 St Albans, 1230 WJOY Burlington, and 1490 WFAD in Middlebury. Then
101.3 came along to cover all these areas.
Would hope 620 can cover a pretty good share of the area and maybe other
affiliates like WDEV 550 could fill in gaps.