WJMN-HD2 changes format

Eli Polonsky elipolo881@gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 18:55:23 EST 2018

> Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 22:30:33 -0500
> From: Tim Gordon <tgordo49@gmail.com>
> To: Boston Radio Group <boston-radio-interest@lists.bostonradio.org>
> Subject: Re: WJMN-HD2 changes format
>
> It was carrying AM680 WRKO last I knew. But you're right about 94.5-HD2
> being queasy listening now.

I don't recall 94.5 HD2 ever running WRKO. The stations were not co-owned
until the big swap last year when iHeart (Clear Channel), 94.5's  longtime
owner, acquired WRKO from Entercom, but at that time iHeart put WRKO on the
HD2 of the also newly co-owned WZLX 100.7, where it is now.

94.5 HD2 was originally "Old School Hip-Hop", classic Hip-Hop and Rap
tracks from the late '70s and '80s. As I recall, a few years ago it went
directly from that to simulcasting iHeart's co-owned 1200 AM when it was
still a Bloomberg affiliate, and stayed with it as "Talk 1200" until just
last week when it flipped to soft AC/easy listening "The Breeze".

I recall WRKO appearing on HD subchannels of formerly co-owned Entercom
stations WEEI-FM, WKAF, and WAAF at times, but not on a WJMN 94.5
subchannel.

EP