WBZ'S LANA JONES DIES

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Fri Apr 27 01:59:42 EDT 2018

Well, I had an episode of cardiac arrest last October, and there never
was any chest pain at all.  I just felt really ill, put my head down on
the desk, and woke up on the floor ten minutes later. So I went to the
emergency room, where they ascertained (from a monitor that had been
implanted earlier) that my heart had stopped for 5 seconds, then 7
seconds, then re-started.  So now I have a pacemaker.  So chest pain
isn't the only indicator.  In my case, it was an unexplained
unconsciousness.  And earlier episodes of unexplained rapid heartbeats,
which led to the monitor being implanted.

On 4/25/2018 10:47 PM, billohno@gmail.com wrote:
> This is so tragic. Lana was quite likely going into cardiac crisis on the way home from work. Perhaps early intervention (cath lab or other options) could have caught this before she arrested? We lost our kid brother similarly, but years ago and he was 24. The common thing was symptoms then delayed intervention. I’m no doctor, just a rural volunteer EMT, but, perhaps each of us could learn from Lana’s passing? Never go to bed with unexplained chest pain. Ever.
>
> I never met Lana but it’s obvious that she was a remarkable person.
>
> Bill O’Neill
>

>> On Apr 25, 2018, at 6:30 PM, Bob Nelson <raccoonradio@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Her husband Steve posted on Facebook.She felt ill on the way home, and
>> collapsed about 5 am.She was rushed to the hospital and it was discovered
>> she had a burst aorta that was irreparable.She passed away just after 7 AM
>>
>> He says there will be a wake next week and a celebration of life in
>> September
>>
>>> On Wednesday, April 25, 2018, Don <astelle.donald@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone know how or why she passed away?
>>>
>>> I don't recall her being ill.
>>>

>>> Thanks!
>>>

>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ted Larsen" <tlmedia@intrstar.net>

>>> io-1030-reporter-dies/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D. · 1340 Centre Street, Suite 103 · Newton, MA 02459
617.367.0468 · Fax:617.507.7856 · http://www.attorneyross.com