Rod Fritz is fired, who is next?

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 00:50:52 EDT 2018

This has been an ongoing problem at WBZ-AM for decades.

Larry Glick had millions of listeners in the 70's but Westinghouse could
not find advertisers as no rating service could prove it. 50 years the all
night show at WABC was heavily sponsored by a clothing store in a strip
mall in Union, New Jersey who paid the whopping amount of $700 a week.and
people drove hundreds of miles to go to that store.

David Brudnoy had a huge following on WBZ but was preempted by Bruins radio
and station execs admitted the Bruins were a huge profit center for them.

6 years ago we saw CBS Radio blow up WODS which had a loyal following from
1987 until 2012 but they couldn't sell it because of demographics.

Nobody at iHeart in San Antonio cares about the legacy of WBZ - they just
see it as one of 4 AM stations in Boston that they now own.

https://www.iheartmedia.com/iheartmedia/stations?city=Boston

When Entercom bought CBS Radio they decided that WBZ-AM was expendable over
other properties they had but none of us saw the swap with iHeart coming.