Entercom announces what it plans to keep

Bill Dillane dillane@sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 24 10:39:58 EDT 2017

Bob DeMattia wrote...
>If I remember correctly, the effort to rebrand as "CBS 4" failed and they brought back the WBZ.

Channels 3 and 8 in CT still brand themselves with their WFSB and WTNH call letters.  Their websites are wfsb.com and wtnh.com.

NBC Connecticut never mentions its WVIT calls (Viacom International Television is meaningless to the station), and Fox 61 never mentions its WTIC-TV call letters.

Doug Drown wrote...
>It occurred to me that WBZ and WBZ-TV may well be the last two remaining commercial broadcasting stations in New England still under their original ownership.

WATR in Waterbury, CT has been owned by the same family since the station's 1934 sign-on.