Peter Casey out at WBZ-AM

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 19:54:12 EST 2017

Peter's memo to staff

“The city has changed. The people have changed. What has never changed
is the connection New Englanders have to this blowtorch of a radio
station that pumps it out across the six states and beyond. From the
two towers on that sleepy little street in Hull to this address where
Hall of Famers spend their days cranking out news all day every day.
The audience knows that you care about them. They know because when
the city is sheltering in place, you do, too.

I will cherish the memories of this place, of all of you and those
that came before you,” he wrote. “I will keep those memories with me.
I will keep them a part of me even as I walk out the door today on my
very last day at WBZ NewsRadio 1030.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/names/2017/11/22/longtime-wbz-newsradio-director-sent-packing-new-owner/9gqWZHYldHBXus5OdE2EZK/story.html?s_campaign=bostonglobe:social:googleamp:sharetools