December 3 TV rescan

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Mon Nov 20 07:29:01 EST 2017

 That's easy... the "-CD" is a class A low-power license that converted to
digital.

The idea behind the class A LPTVs was that they'd do a certain amount of
local program origination, and in exchange would enjoy protected status...
in particular, the right to retain spectrum during the DTV conversion and
repack. I don't see much local on a lot of these -CD stations, but some
have made very good money for their owners by putting their spectrum in the
auction last year. (And then a bit more, in the case of WFXZ, by taking the
tax writeoff from the subsequent donation of the resulting zombie license)