Entercom-CBS-Beasley-iHeart

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sat Nov 4 18:13:52 EDT 2017

Why would the DOJ intervene? Its only concern is antitrust, and the new
iHeart cluster in Boston is well under the 40% revenue threshold (even
in any demographic breakdown) that would trigger DOJ review.

As for why CBS is selling, blame the investment community. It wants to
see growth from quarter to quarter, and while radio is still nicely
profitable, it's not a growth sector.