WRCA and 106.1 translator on with Irish

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Thu May 4 09:11:12 EDT 2017

It has been noted on a radio board that WRCA 1330, off since Nov., is back
on and for now is running a simulcast of WBQT 96.9 HD2, The Irish Channel
(no commercials). Their translator at 106.1 (W231BI) is on as well; this
could just be testing. Not sure if this is the upcoming format or not.

Here in Beverly I am getting it half decent on FM and fairly strong on AM.
I know there are 106.1s in Newburyport (translator for WNBP) and an LPFM
in Portsmouth (WSCA-LP?) but am getting the WRCA repeater instead here.
Someone is doing a soft interpretation of Love Me Tender as I type this. If
this is the new format, can they monetize it (i.e., start running
advertising)?