Symphoney Sid

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Mar 18 15:07:57 EDT 2017

Symphony Sid had a long and at times controversial career in radio, both
in New York and in Boston.  Here in Boston, you are correct in noting
that he worked for WBMS; he also worked for WCOP.  (He broadcast live
from Boston jazz and R&B clubs like the Hi-Hat.) In New York, his
stations included WHOM (Jersey City NJ), WWRL, WMCA, and later WEVD.
And yes, circa 1961-1962, he was indeed at station WADO.  And I agree
with you-- I've never actually heard one of his airchecks, though there
are a number of newspaper and magazine articles about him.