CRTC approves WBTS-LD for Canadian carriage

Tim Ripley tim_ripley@yahoo.com
Sun Jan 1 06:54:18 EST 2017

To clarify, that's 2am Eastern (3am here in the Maritimes)...

    On Sunday, January 1, 2017 7:52 AM, Tim Ripley <tim_ripley@yahoo.com> wrote:

 Bell TV, the Canadian DTH service that carries Boston network affiliates, made the switch sometime overnight (they got approval to switch on December 20th, with major Canadian cableco Rogers backing them up). I spotted an on-screen WBTS/WNEU/WMFP ID at the start of American Ninja Warrior at 2am, so I'm guessing Bell threw the switch around that time, as the last NBC show listed for WHDH was SNL...Bell's on-screen program guide had NBC Boston programming listed from 4am on when I checked it yesterday- unfortunately, someone forgot to gave the info to the companies that supply program listings to the newspapers here in Atlantic Canada, as they're still carrying listings for WHDH at this point!