graphics oops

Sean Smyth ssmyth@alumni.psu.edu
Mon Feb 27 15:49:02 EST 2017

This is not a wise-guy query, I'd really like some insight.

-- Is there a dedicated graphics person on staff? I'd think no, given the
hours, but it's been forever since I was in a TV newsroom.

-- Does a second person backread the graphics, or are you giving that a
second and third read and hoping you'll catch anything?

-- What is the process for prepping graphics in terms of timing? The one
you linked to appears as if it could have been in the can ahead of the
show, but I'm sure the person doing that graphic is juggling 12 things.

Working that shift, albeit in a different form of media, I can understand
the challenges a newsroom faces when so many pieces are moving so early in
the day.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 4:29 AM Richard Chonak <richard@chonak.com> wrote:

> I tried to include a screen image with that note, but here it is
> separately:
> http://www.gabrielmass.com/rac/tmp/typos.jpg
>
> --RC
>

> On 02/27/2017 03:47 AM, Richard Chonak wrote:
> > Channel 5's weather graphics are a little off today: apparently the
> > "tornaodes" in "Massachusettes" have really thrown the crew for a loop:
> >

> --
Sent from my iPhone