CBS & Entercom merger

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Thu Feb 2 17:33:05 EST 2017

I know it's tempting to try to make quick-and-easy predictions, but
assume nothing at this point.

If CBS is looking to make a tax-free swap, they have to have something
to give up that the other company will actually want. That might be more
than just 680 and 850.

If there are still any teeth to the Antitrust Division at the new
Justice Department, there could be revenue issues with keeping only the
biggest of the FMs.

We simply don't know much yet, and anyone who tells you otherwise isn't
doing so from any kind of a reliable basis in fact.