Barry Pretzel Has Passed

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sun Apr 30 19:56:41 EDT 2017

Former WCAP News Director Barry Pretzel passed away Friday April 28th in
Maine. Barry worked at several stations during his career including WEMJ
Laconia, WGAN Portland, WKBR Manchester. He was an organizer of WRFR-LP in
Thomaston, Maine which went on the air in 2002. He also hosted a show on the
station, titled "Pretzel & Beer". I had the pleasure of meeting Barry in
June 2006 at the WCAP 55th Anniversary broadcast.

I worked with his wife Carol Ann at WHAV/WLYT back in the mid-1980's. May he
rest in peace.

Mark Watson