FCC Incentive Auction results released

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Thu Apr 13 20:54:31 EDT 2017

<<On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 20:04:43 -0400, "Dave Doherty" <dave@skywaves.net> said:

> The files are available at:

> http://data.fcc.gov/download/incentive-auctions/Transition_Files/

However, Trip's tools on rabbitears.info are probably easier for most
people to use if you just want to browse.

It does just blow my mind that TBN, of all people, ends up walking
away with half a billion dollars from all of this.  And CBS, which was
well-positioned to benefit but mostly chose not to participate, ends
up with a few million for a satellite of WCCO.  I suspect a number of
these mega-buyouts would have been substantually reduced if half of
CBS's stations (in their duopoly markets) had been in the auction.
Seems like a real bonehead move on their part, in all honesty.

Spectrum speculators like NRJ didn't do too badly, either, even if
they didn't rake in quite as much as they may have initially promised
their investors.

Given that Ansin got $162 million for WLVI, walking away with a nearly
$50 million profit, I wonder if he'll be more willing to come to a
deal with Comcast now....

-GAWollman