Valley 98.9

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sun Apr 9 18:59:28 EDT 2017

Bill O'Neill wrote:

>Visiting dad here in Dracut. Listening to the new "Valley 98.9" (1110 kHz
but who's kidding whom?)
>Gotta admit, I'm impressed by the music algorithm. Signal is okay here in
Dracut which is interesting because >1110 is only barely distinguishable
here).

I'm enjoying the variety on Valley 98.9. Oldest song I've heard so far is
Can't help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley (1961), newest are several from
1984. Good amount of titles from 1970-1984 with a fair amount of 1960's.
98.9 putting a decent signal into Lowell, better than 1110's signal. This
morning I had an event in Manchester, 98.9 made the whole trip from Lowell
with a solid signal into downtown Manchester. I also noticed a Valley 98.9
ad in a Manchester Transit Authority bus shelter. Be interesting to see if
they get ads from businesses in Manchester and Lowell along with the
Lawrence area once the 10,000 songs commercial free kick off ends.
Mark Watson