UNS: Brudnoy and Dylan

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Thu Oct 13 20:58:06 EDT 2016

<<On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 00:04:36 GMT, Richard Chonak <richard@chonak.com> said:

> Since Bob Dylan was in the news today for winning some award, I
> remembered that the late talk host David Brudnoy used to mention
> occasionally that they were cousins. Can anyone confirm whether this
> was true or a jest, and  add any details?

Well, I can't substantiate, but both were/are Minnesotans and Jewish,
and were born around the same time, so it's not implausible.  Brudnoy
was born in Minneapolis and Zimmerman (as he was then) in Duluth, but
that's not dispositive.  Someone who subscribes to a genealogy service
with Minnesota vital records should be able to tell whether the two
men had a grandparent in common.

-GAWollman