WFAD

billohno@gmail.com billohno@gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 10:51:44 EST 2016

WFAD (1490 Middlebury) is a 1 kW fulltimer that's been silent for quite awhile. I just noticed a 12/2/16 granting of an FM translator, W266CU-FM (101.1 Middlebury) 250 watts. It would be nice to get the local signal back again. We live about 10 miles SE so it looks like we'll get a decent signal. The question is, what will Radio Broadcasting Services, Inc. do with the signals?

They've recently put WCAT 1390 Burlington) dark but are still operating its FM translator,  W252CJ (98.3 Burlington) under a jockless oldies format. By the sound of the jingle package, "Channel 98" they didn't come cheap so I'd think they'd be here for awhile. I think that format would fit very well into the Middlebury sub-market very well.

WFAD's single tower and shack occupies prime Middlebury real estate in what is now known as a growing South Village; I'm pleasantly surprised that the little kilowatt daytimer dating back to the 60s didn't go the way of the now-deleted WIPS (1250 Ticonderoga).

Bill O'Neill