Fox 25 - News now much improved

Attorney Chase attychase@comcast.net
Mon Aug 22 17:12:00 EDT 2016

There were some things that were prized in the concept of operating in the
public interest other than "ratings." In a case of bad money chasing out the
good we ended up with happy talk, what passes for talk radio (nothing is as
good as Jerry Williams), race baiting, xenophobia, and I could list a number
of other  things I consider to be wrong about the current crop of TV and
radio offerings. Playing to the lowest common denominator was not what
Edward R Murrow was all about.

Bob Chase
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sean Smyth
  To: Attorney Chase
  Cc: boston-radio-interest@lists.bostonradio.org
  Sent: Monday, August 22, 2016 3:02 PM
  Subject: Fox 25 - News now much improved

  On Monday, August 22, 2016, Attorney Chase <attychase@comcast.net> wrote:

    I would suggest that getting rid of their nesactors and newsactresses
and
    replacing them with newscasters like in the "old days" is a vast
    improvement.

  The viewers (at least those who are part of the ratings survey) appear to
disagree.

  They are very, very good about chasing breaking news and cutting in. They
were on live in the wee hours this morning during the tornado warning, an
hour or so before the morning newscast started. During at least one of the
big snow storms a couple years ago, they were live for the entire overnight.

  --
  Sent from my iPhone