Ch 7, the News Station

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 02:14:53 EDT 2016

I was in Rio the past 2 weeks and NBC people there told me Channel 60 is
not what they are going to use.

The most likely option is that Ion and NBC swap 60 and 68 with a little
cash thrown in. 68 has a very favorable slot with Comcast (803).

But the big rumor is Hearst and NBC are exploring options - Hearst has many
NBC affiliates and the Peacock might be willing to do some horse trading
with Hearst which involves NBC O&O's in San Diego and Hartford and possibly
Miami to get WCVB/WMUR/WMTW.

NBC is shipping equipment from Brazil to NECN in Newton but they have come
to the conclusion Wells Ave simply can not handle everything which also
includes CSN which is in Burlington. WCVB gives them all the land they
need.

I pointed out to the Hearst people this that ABC would not allow this and
they said Hearst is willing to sell their 20% of ESPN to Disney in return
to allow markets such as Kansas City, Milwaukee, Oklahoma City and others
to drop ABC for NBC.

Ansin waved the white flag which indicates he knows what NBC plans to do,
The new Channel 7 lineup is really weak.

https://sunbeamwhdh.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/7news20173.jpg?w=720&h=974

This Hearst deal sounds insane but I was hearing it from the people Hearst
had sent to Rio.