WNTY(WXCT) Connecticut

Rob Landry 011010001@interpring.com
Tue Apr 26 10:16:50 EDT 2016

WSKP 1180 is John J. Fuller (Red Wolf Broadcasting); the original call
letters were WJJF. I'm not sure about the other stations, but am
intimately familiar with 1180 because it was owned for a few years by
Chris Jones (Judson Group), one of my clients, and before that by Charles
River Broadcasting, my last full time employer.

Rob

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016, dw wrote:

> Last summer driving through Connecticut I heard a very appealing oldies format on 990. The ID was WXCT. I liked it so much I bookmarked it to listen on the internet (the website for "listen on air" was a page from Davidson Media). I heard that station broadcast the same programming on 1490 West Springfield. By the end of the fall, the Davidson site was no longer up and I had to listen via Tune-In. The station was then mentioning programming was also carried on 1180 WSKP Hope Valley RI and on a HD2 FM channel in Pawcatuck. As of today the station identifies as WNTY 990 Southington, 96.1 Hartford-Meriden, WSKP 1180 Hope Valley and WBMW 104.5 Pawcatuck. WACM now carries Bomba Urban/EDM Bachata (which is wonderful to listen to - I have bookmarked that), and it sounds like it's WSPR. Two days ago when I was driving in Hartford I tuned to 1270 and heard announcements advising listeners to tune to 1490 and 104.5. A few weeks ago the 990 oldies station was alerting listeners "we're moving
 down the dial and up in power." I assumed that 1490 would no longer be oldies. Are they moving to 1270? May 1 was a date mentioned.  Does anyone have the lowdown on this whole operation? Why did it drop the WXCT call letters? Does the oldies station(s) have a web site?(I don't like listening to Tune-in - it often drops the streaming). Last summer Fred King had a M-F morning show briefly and then moved to midday for a short while. Now he's gone. Why did he leave WARE where he was previously? Does anyone know what he's doing these days? Btw, when I google Bomba the home page for 97.1 lists 99.5, 98.5, 104.5 and 1270(Springfield). Does the Bomba owner have any connection to the Kool Radio 1180 owner? Is the "Bomba format" a national thing or is it locally programmed? Today when I was listening between 5-7pm there was "DJExtreme" and he gave a request line number that seemed like it was in Florida.