Rush gone from WRKO

D. A. donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Wed May 20 22:08:55 EDT 2015

 On Wed, 20 May 2015, Donna Halper wrote:

 > Rightly or wrongly, Rush Limbaugh's downfall began with
 the Sandra Fluke
 > fiasco, when he totally misrepresented what Ms. Fluke
 had actually said, and
 > then attacked her personally by calling her vile names
 for four days.  Yes,
 > it was lefties who organized a boycott of his sponsors,
 but even some
 > moderate Republicans and MANY businesses were
 increasingly uncomfortable with
 > the hatefulness of his rant and how long it went on --
 it was well over the
 > line from satire or political commentary, and a few
 rightie bloggers, who at
 > first were in favor of attacking Ms. Fluke because she
 was an advocate for
 > "Obamacare," quickly saw that this was becoming a
 problem and said he ought

 On Wed, 20 May 2015, Rob Landry wrote:

>> I'm not sure of that. My impression is that most advertisers
 don't
 particularly care what someone does on the air as long as it
 attracts ears
 to their messages. The people in the "boycott Rush" movement
 are not, as
 far as I can tell, in his target demographic, which is
 working-class white
 men. He never did anything to alienate his target audience
 or give them
 any reason not to patronize his sponsors.<<

I would agree with Rob...I don't believe he went on "for days" calling her "vile names".

He made a reference to what people call a woman who wants to be paid/reimbursed for sex.

Bad judgement?  Quite possibly.  But that was a one-time thing.

I don't believe the "boycott Rush" really did anything, except spread disinformation about how Rush calls people "vile names" and is so "hateful".  His listeners didn't care about any boycott.

And when he gets dropped from a LOCAL station, it has little to do with national campaigns or national spot sales.

Stations were paying cash for the program...and it has gotten to the point where stations reconsidered the ROI on the cost of keeping it...and the marketplace has tilted.

I do love how liberals are tickled with glee and attributing all sorts of philosophical reasons why the show has been removed from a few major stations.

"See, I told you he wouldn't last!"  After, what? a 30+year run?  You've been holding that "see I told you so" for 30 years?  ;-)

As Rob said:  "Every dog has his day. The sun is setting on Rush"

No big reasons, he had his days (years) in the sun, he has peaked (along with AM radio), and the sun might indeed be setting on his radio career...but man, what a career it's been!