Lou Dumont

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sun May 10 15:29:59 EDT 2015

Donna Halper wrote:

>So, first we find out that we've lost Larry Glavin, and now we've lost Lou
Dumont, a veteran broadcaster some of you may have worked with.

Sorry to hear of the passing of both Larry & Lou. Lou Dumont may be one of
the last living links to the first day of WMUR-TV, as well as the early days
of broadcasting in general in New England.
Sadly I also add the news that Bill McDermod, who did overnights for many
years at WHEB in Portsmouth NH back when they were "The Star Station for
Northern New England" passed on May 8th at the age of 65. The obituary from
Foster's Daily Democrat mentions that he was a part time announcer at WSHK
for several years as well. I was unable to link the obituary to this post.
Mark Watson