WJIB off due to power outage

Bob Clements bob&wtbs*@clements.org
Thu May 7 11:12:24 EDT 2015

WJIB Cambridge is off the air at the moment.

I happened to be in the area, and went over to the building to
see what's up.  There is a failure of a power splice in the
street (Concord Avenue).  Lots of power company people in
the area.  I talked with some of the other people in the
building, too.  Sounds like at least one phase of the power
is dead.

Reportedly, Bob is on his way down from Maine for another
reason anyway.  With the high voltage in the street, the need
for coordinating a shutdown in the area and doing the repair
and so on, it'll be a while yet.

I hoped I could just walk in, hit a couple reset buttons on
the computer, and all would be well.  No such luck.

Bob, K1BC