WBZ-TV goes multicast

Richard Chonak richard@chonak.com
Sun Mar 1 14:41:38 EST 2015

 From the Radio-With-Pictures department:

For some time, I've been wondering about the status of WBZ-TV as a
holdout offering only one digital TV channel in its stream, whereas the
other Boston stations that I can receive here have secondary channels.
Well, that status has ended.

Channel 4.2 made its Boston soft launch on February 26, airing with a
13-week stunt of all-binge programming, scheduled to run until May 25
when the CBS "Decades" channel starts its regular programming.

Variety has an article about the new channel at
http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/cbs-to-launch-retro-digital-channel-focused-on-pop-culture-history-1201335405/
describing how CBS partnered with Weigel Broadcasting (developer of Me
TV and This TV) to design the new platform.

--RC