Rush and talk to WKOX 1430?

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Mon Jun 15 12:47:26 EDT 2015

On 6/15/2015 12:09 PM, Kevin Vahey wrote:
> I was first made aware of WHIL in the late 50's into the 60's as they used
> to broadcast daily from Suffolk and Rockingham Park. My uncle would listen
> everyday up in Hampton Beach.

OMG, a mention of WHIL. At one point in the 1950s, they were top-40, as
I vaguely recall from my childhood.  I think Don Masters was one of
their disc jockeys.  And yes, they did indeed air horse racing,
announced by Babe Rubenstein.  They were owned by Sherwood "Woody"
Tarlow, if memory serves.  (He was a probate court judge at one time,
but I believe he got into some kind of ethics trouble... the Boston
Globe did an entire investigative piece on his improprieties circa 1973.