WMVX 1570

D. A. donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Mon Dec 21 21:43:14 EST 2015

>>Apparently this involves moving from the present site in Beverly, MA (Endicott College) to the WNNW 800 stick in Andover just NE of the I-93 / I-495 junction

This would involve putting more "sticks" up, right...Since it's directional, how many would they need?

Does the WNNW site have enough land for that?

 Subject: WMVX 1570
 To: CapeDX@yahoogroups.com, badx@yahoogroups.com, boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
 Date: Saturday, December 19, 2015, 12:34 AM

 I read via the National Radio Club about WMVX 1570 changing
 transmitter sites sometime soon.

 Apparently this involves moving from the present site in
 Beverly, MA (Endicott College) to the WNNW 800 stick in
 Andover just NE of the I-93 / I-495 junction.

 The signal should drop some here on Cape Cod since it'll be
 going from about 95% water path to more like about
 75%.  How the signal will change around other parts of
 eastern MA will be interesting.

 I wonder when they move if they will actually power down at
 night.  At least some of the time now it would seem
 that they don't since deep into the evening they still often
 outgun the Montreal area co-channel station here.

 Mark Connelly, WA1ION
 South Yarmouth, MA