beware of spammer

Rob Landry 011010001@interpring.com
Thu Dec 17 10:51:38 EST 2015

On Wed, 16 Dec 2015, Dave Doherty wrote:

> I have it on good authority that it was Erik the Red! It seems he was the
> first European to establish an Internet presence here in the Americas, doing
> an inter-temporal online chat with Al Gore.

Al Gore was known in ancient times as Al Qahir (Classical Arabic "the
conqueror" or "the victorious"), a godlike figure identified with the
planet Mars. His consort, Az-Zuhara ("she who shines") was identified with
the planet Venus.

The round-trip times on those first ICMP pings were literally
astronomical; I never learned enough Arabic to find out how Al Gore got
around that problem.

Rob