Licensee qualifications

Don Donald_Astelle@Yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 16:54:04 EDT 2015

> The whole thing was simply political, I've always thought.  A Democratic
> administration taking the license away from a major Republican newspaper,
> to benefit the Democratic-oriented Globe.

There was a great book that people here in Boston, as well as broadcast-type
geeks might enjoy.

The hundred million dollar lunch Hardcover – 1974 by Sterling Quinlan

http://www.amazon.com/hundred-million-dollar-lunch/dp/0879553103/ref=la_B001KIZLC8_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1439498879&sr=1-2

It goes into some of the behind the scenes scrambling...including a list of
"dirty tricks" that were employed byt the folks at the Herald Travel group.

I had bought a used copy a number of years ago and enjoyed in immensely.