Licensee qualifications

Sidney Schweiger sids1045@aol.com
Tue Aug 11 07:22:55 EDT 2015

"I'm probably missing something, but I don't recall an issue of lying on an application regarding Channel 5."

The Herald-Traveler Corporation failed to disclose an illegal ex-parte communication between an officer of the applicant and an FCC commissioner...the title of Sterling Quinlan's book about the Channel 5 case, "The Hundred Million Dollar Lunch."  Supposedly the commissioner refused to discuss the case at that lunch, but the appearance of impropriety was enough to eventually deny the H-T the license.